Awareness and sustainability
Sustainability is a great challenge. It involves controlling all aspects of our activity and improving them, something that we have done from the beginning and something we want to do better and better.
As an integral part of the Atlántica Agrícola Group, our sustainability policy pivots on the 3 main axes of awareness that are at the heart of the Group’s activity on all levels:
- Creation of 100% organic and biological product lines
- Continuous R&D for the improvement of our products from an environmental point of view
- Energy management:
– Photovoltaic energy
– Geothermal energy
– “Clean” electricity
- Electric mobility
- Waste management:
– Our production process uses a large amount of waste
– We transform waste from multiple industries
– Zero water spills
– Zero smoke emissions
– Waste pick-up
- Precision agriculture/li>
- Circular ideas: circular production concept from the start.
- Sense of stakeholder responsibility
- Fair treatment of our farmers
- Valuable crop collaboration programmes in our target countries
- Social projects to strengthen local economies
- Assistance for climate change-affected areas.
- Care for the people who work at AA.
- Medical insurance
- Healthy breakfast
- Occupational safety and health
- Equality plan
- Internal monitoring system
- Career plans
- Creation of a good internal climate
- Generation of an organisational culture that creates wellbeing
- Integration as an extension of our founding family
- Continuous training for our professionals
- Workspaces that generate wellbeing
Sustainable Development Goals
The awareness and sustainability policy of the companies that make up the Atlántica Agrícola Group is directly connected to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals. World leaders from 93 countries agreed upon these goals and we are committed to their implementation by 2030.
The goals pursue equality between people, protect the planet and ensure prosperity as part of a new sustainable development agenda. A new global social contract that leaves no one behind.
There are 17 SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) and FERTIVAL conveys their actions of awareness and sustainability primarily through four of them: 2, 3, 12 and 15. However, we are constantly evolving, and other SDGs are already beginning to form part of our day to day, such as the following, among others: 5 (Gender equality) and 8 (Decent work and economic growth).
End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture.
Responsible consumption and production
Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
“According to the UN: “Should the global population reach 9.6 billion by 2050, the equivalent of almost three planets could be required to sustain current lifestyles”.